Good morning everyone. While I'm waiting for my coffee to brew I thought I would write a quick update on Drew and I and our move to Seattle.
Drew was finally able to get a hold of his extern director at Washington University this week and got some information from her. Drew will be starting on July 5th bright and early at 8am. The vascular lab is open 5 days a week from 7am-5pm (someone is usually there until 9pm) and even though we haven't had confirmation on what hours he will be working and what days (we are at this point assuming 5 days a week) I'm sure we'll know when we go for a visit in May. And even though we had heard that some students in the past and that are currently there are receiving a stipend, Drew unfortunately will not. Which is disappointing (we could have really used the money), but we're still keeping our fingers crossed that they'll be busy enough to hire him as a vascular assistant at some point (which is also known to happen but no guarantees).
So, we've decided that we'll be moving right around my birthday, probably the 20th or 21st of June. Happy Birthday to me, we're moving to Seattle! :o) We still haven't found a place to rent yet. Its a little early to know what is going to be available in June but we're hoping that enough of the students in the area will be moving away/going back home so that more places will be available. We've decided that we want to be in the north end of town near the university, probably in the north Seattle, Shoreline, Lynwood area. Luckily the university will provide Drew with a free bus pass so its more for my benefit to be close to work (my work update is in the next paragraph). I've discovered some apartment complexes that seem to always have apartments available so we're keeping those in mind though we'd rather be in a house. I've also found a lot of cute, reasonably priced houses too. I still can't quite get over my obsession of looking even though we still have about 3 1/2 months till the move.
And as for me, my last day at SOVSC will be June 13th. Even though I'm deeply saddened by this (I have made some wonderful friends and have learned tons!) I'm lucky enough to already have a job secured for me in Shoreline at one of my boss' hospitals, Animal Medical Center of Seattle. This is seriously such a relief for us and makes it so I don't have to job search (my least favorite thing to do). So again, and I don't think I will ever be able to say it enough, Thank You, Thank You, THANK YOU ADAM!!!!
Drew and I are still in shock at how well his extern has worked out for us so far. We are on the west coast, somewhat close to home with close friends near by, at Drew's number one pick, and I already have a job. The plan is to go visit Seattle within the first couple of weeks in May to have tours of the university and my new work establishment and to try and find a place so we won't be living out of the tacoma or a hotel right when we move. And thankfully its been raining a lot over the last week cause I'm going to need to get used to that.
And again, I have a feeling you're all going to get tired of me saying this, but thank you to everyone who has been keeping Drew and I in their thoughts and prayers. It means so much to both of us for all your support. We still have a long way to go and a lot to do before we get there so its very much appreciated to have that continued support.
We'll keep you updated as we get more information. I'm also going to try to start adding more pictures to the blog (I already added one of the dogs to my first blog for those of you who haven't seen them) and more on our daily lives as we prepare for the move. I know, interesting right? At the moment we're kind of in a lull with the extern since nothing too exciting is going to be happening until our visit in May. So I gotta write about something. :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment