Drew and I have been "The Reynolds" for about 1 year and 5 1/2 months. Even though we have been together for almost 6 years, we are still newlyweds and trying to figure out exactly what being married means. Since Drew has been a Reynolds all his life, I on the other hand have not, and wanted to start out right. So I wanted to know what the meaning of the surname Reynolds is and had a delightful discovery. Reynolds means sincere or pure love and also derives from the Old English meaning of love. What a great way for me to start out as a Reynolds, knowing that our name literally means "love." And pretty much that's all we're living off of at the moment.
So, for those of you who don't know Drew and I very well, my first post will be giving you a little bit of history and what is ahead of us.
To start at the beginning:
I transferred to College of the Siskiyous in January of 2005 to begin the stages to transfer to Southern Oregon University in Ashland for a History degree and later the Masters in Teaching Program. Little did I know that my future husband lived on the floor below me. To make a long story short, we met at a party of a mutual friend (one that Drew wasn't supposed to be at that weekend), followed by a snowboarding date later that same weekend. We began to date in March and became exclusive in July.
We continued to attend COS through the summer of 2006 before we moved to Klamath Falls, Oregon when Drew was accepted to Oregon Institute of Technology. I, not really knowing what I wanted to do and afraid living apart would hinder our relationship, followed Drew to Klamath Falls while still attending SOU (I commuted twice a week to Ashland for classes). I was working and going to school full-time and eventually made the decision to move to Ashland in 2007 to finish school.
With budget cuts at SOU and staffing cuts in the History department and my own personal financial issues, I decided to put school on hold in 2008 and focus on working. Luckily, I had obtained a great job as a veterinary assistant/technician at the Southern Oregon Veterinary Specialty Center and eventually through that process decided that teaching wasn't going to be for me.
Throughout all the craziness of figuring out what I wanted to do, Drew and I held strong. And instead of living apart hindering our relationship, it actually made us stronger. Knowing that living apart that we could trust each other and grow independently and as a couple, made me realize that he was the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.
And I got my wish. In May of 2008, Drew proposed on a gorgeous spring day. We were engaged for a little over a year before saying "I do" on August 29th, 2009. I moved back to Klamath Falls, got a job at general practice veterinary clinic that I had worked at previously, decided that I wasn't being pushed in the field, went back to SOVSC, and have been supporting Drew while he finishes school. We've even started a little Reynolds pack, with our dogs Mika and Emmy, who are our four legged children.
So now, Drew is just about to finish out his junior year in the Vascular Imaging program at OIT. For those of you who aren't aware of how the medical imaging program works, the student's senior year is spent at a hospital or clinic somewhere in the country to get hands on education and training. That is what we are currently facing at this stage of our lives: figuring out where Drew's externship is going to be at.
Which is the basis of this blog: following us as we go on this adventure and probably beyond. At this point, we don't know where we are headed. On either February 28th or March 7th we will find out where we are going. That is when I am hopeful that this blog will take off and I will have more interesting and entertaining things to blog about. I hope that this will bring you a little more insight about Drew, myself, and us as a couple. And I hope that our experiences, our trials, our successes, and everything in between will enrich your life, somehow.

No comments:
Post a Comment